radio

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

radio

Postby hbr341 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:42 am

Hi
Can anyone recommend what type of radio that would work in a viva ive fitted loads but they never work very well I have fitted old ones and modern ones under the dash out of sight .

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: radio

Postby droopsnoot » Fri May 27, 2022 12:41 pm

I've got a random JVC radio / CD player in the Firenza, just something I picked up at a car boot sale for a pound or two. I prefer Sony ones because they can have a wired remote control stalk that I put on the side of the steering column shroud as the stereo itself is so far out of the way - makes it easier to turn the volume up when I get onto a motorway.

What problems are you having? I've not had any real trouble with mine that hasn't been down to me using old stereos that are a pound or two.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby hbr341 » Sun May 29, 2022 7:45 pm

Hi Mike
The problems I have are mainly reception etc on long journeys Iam thinking of using my phone and a blue tooth speaker if you are at Tatton Park on sunday I will see you then Thanks for your reply .

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Mon May 30, 2022 8:22 am

Hi Chris, yes, hoping to be at Tatton on both days. See you there.

I must admit I haven't done anything about the Sportshatch in terms of a radio yet, mainly because I forgot to drill a hole for the aerial and I don't really want to now. I did pick up a DAB radio last year, and was thinking about putting that in with a windscreen aerial, but I've other things to do on the car before that becomes a priority.

On the Firenza, the aerial is roof-mounted and just above the interior light, and that seems to do OK on signal, along with a stereo that has RDS built-in that supports AF to switch frequencies as required. I don't do trips of any significant length very often, but between home and somewhere like Stoke on Trent the strong frequency for Radio 1 changes, and it seems to cope.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Return to Electrical help