Mystery Stalk switch?

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Re: Mystery Stalk switch?

Postby HC Fairley » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:43 am

HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby chopper » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:24 pm

I have looked on and off for a match for a while without success so well done you :respekt:
That does look the part so Chevette it is with all the switch logos matching too!
My HC big green parts book has a part no. index which stops at 9103xxxx so I assumed from that that it was likely to be for a later model car and Chevette does fit that guesswork.
Many thanks
chopper
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby StefanM » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:49 am

Not present in any Chevette, viva or VX490 parts book either but the basic switch is also used in later Bedford CF so it might be a late CF part. These switches are very similar and all of them is built on pretty much the same basic parts. Just lettering, wiring, stalks and connectors differ. They are still made I believe to Triumphs etc.
StefanM
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:09 pm

StefanM wrote:Just lettering, wiring, stalks and connectors differ. They are still made I believe to Triumphs etc.

My mate has a Reliant Scimitar GTC, and his stalks look the same though I can't say what the wiring connector looks like. Early Aston Martin Lagonda (the early wedge-shaped ones) use a stalk that looks the same, too. I checked a CF parts list, but it's quite an old list and doesn't have any 9101 parts in it - 1971, I think.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Previous

Return to Electrical help