HA headlights

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

HA headlights

Postby pbottomley » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:41 pm

Are HA headlights the same as Mini ones? If not whats size are they 7" 6" ???

Had the auto electrician around today to look at Herbert, only things wrong were one headlight unit out (thats why I am asking) and the rear numberplate light not working (but I have a brand new boxed one of thsoe to go on the car). Graham (the sparky) said all the light units on the car were full of waxole, I knew the car was waxoled but blimey inside the lens units!

He has also got the car turning over nicely, so its time to put some fuel in her and try starting. now its electrically sorted, and all free, oiled and ready for petrol. :D :D

he has noted the remote starter fitted to the car as well, so i can start the car from inside the engine bay, which is always handy.

Just got to get him to fit up a stero at some point in the future, which will be easier as its negative earth (had a conversion). Has anyoine suggestions on speaker locations on a HA? :D :D
pbottomley

HA headlights

Postby Vivanuts Glenn » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:46 pm

Yes Paul the headlamps are the same as a mini .

When I broke that HA SL a while back the rear parcel shelf I took out came with a centre speaker grille in it also on my old ha van my speakers were mounted under the front seats
Vivanuts Glenn
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:58 pm

Had not thought about under the seats, BUt then again, getting in and out of the car would possibly mean "Cunch" oops that was a speaker. Maybe will place one on each side of the front parcel shelf, and get myself an SL glove box, and hide the stero in that.
pbottomley

HA headlights

Postby Vivanuts Glenn » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:02 pm

that's what I am planning to do with black Bess when her bodywork is finished SL Glove is already in place
Vivanuts Glenn
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby lambaj » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:01 am

You might have fun getting a stereo in the glove box and still be able to close the lid...... they are probably not deep enough. Also be careful how you get power in there, the box is metal and the edges at the back can be a bit sharp, so use a gromit strip.
Speakers are always a problem. In my black HA, I cut holes in the rear shelf, but then again I cut holes in a lot of places on that one..... Best option may be to find some old fashioned Pod speakers and sit them on the front parcel shelf.
Cheers
Tony (HA21)
"Ere look - thats one of them Mk2 Vauxhall Cortinas....!!"
lambaj
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:31 am

Cheers for that Tony, Had already thought of using pod speakers on the parecl shelf. have never looked (so to speak) at a glove box for a HA, as both my HA's are deluxes and dont come with them.

I have got a radio in one of the HS's but its the original MW LW radio and I am not that keen on shipping forcasts and or The Archers all day long, hense the idea of using the SL Glove box, to hide a more modern stero unit. Dindt realsie thet A metal and B not that deep

More thinking required, but glove box would still hid things from preying eyes. so still after one.
pbottomley

HA Radio

Postby vx-mike » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:19 pm

Hi Paul,

Why don't you fit the "modern" radio in the normal position and make a false front from the originsl period radio you have and clip it in place for shows etc. Fitting a couple of small pod speakers each side of the front parcel shelf would be best but you loose the use of the space.
The rear parcel shelf would be the other option. (I've got a pair of period pod speakers you can have if you want then - free gratis).

Mike
vx-mike
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:23 pm

I had planned to place a more modern stereo in the normal position, after the issues with the SL glove box... as for speakers, the parcel shelf is ideal for two front speakers, and I recon i can fit a real PHAT bass box in the boot, so once i get the car sorted thats the plan... OHHH and replace the araile with an electric one :D
pbottomley

Return to Electrical help