Do you think it is a fuse.

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Do you think it is a fuse.

Postby AUTOMAN » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:56 pm

Hello,

I have no panel lights when I turn the cars lights on, no spot-lights at the rear, only one break-light on the passengerside and the light for the heated rear window comes on when I flick its switch, but the window does not heat up. All of the dash-lights and ignition lights work fine.

The car seems to be charging o.k. as there is no red light on the dash showing unless I turn on all of the cars features at the same time and then it is only dim.

I can not look at fuses to test them, as I can't see them properly, so what do you think, should I just replace them all and if so, do you know the part numbers of these items, as if I take them off the car to go to the motor-factors, I will probably put them back in, in the wrong order.

Car is the 1970 1600 HB estate.

Any help appreciated.

Ian.
AUTOMAN.
AUTOMAN

Postby xwv2300 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:34 am

1 sounds like a bulb, 2 a fuse, 3 a bulb. 4 not sure
xwv2300
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:03 am

I know this will be an obvious one, so sorry in advance, but for the panel lights you haven't just caught the switch, have you? Under the dash on the right hand side there's a slider switch that cuts out the dash lighting (or at least there is on all the HCs I can remember having, though it's different on the HPF).

Only other thought is poor connections in the bulkhead / fusebox plastic connectors, or a bad earth somewhere. The faults are a bit too random and spread out to be a fuse.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby vx-mike » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi Ian,

Sounds like separate problems to me, check eack item in isolation.

Number 1 problem - check the panel switch has not been knocked off - this is located under the dash panel to the right hand side of the steering column - its only a small switch.

Number 2 problem - check bulb first then faulty connections.

Number 3 problem - use a circuit tester to check for electrical feed to the rear window, if OK check feed out of heater element.

Give us a call if you need to discuss further.

Mike
vx-mike
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Electrical help