battery

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

battery

Postby nigel24 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:34 am

I need to get a new battery for my viva hc, but Halfords does'nt list my car any more. Does any one know of a similar battery with the same dimensions and starting current?

Thanks,
nigel.
nigel24
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:55 am

Another forum posting somewhere said that the '038' is the correct battery for the OHV Viva, and the '015' was the heavy-duty version. I can't remember the number on mine.

But you might want to try a motor factor rather than Halfords, just to be sure, as they'll probably have an older book kicking around that would still list the car - Halfords are a bit good at throwing stuff out as soon as it's a few years old. That said, my local branch were quite happy to do some phoning around to find out what I needed when I bought the locking wheelnuts for the Firenza.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Johnboy HB » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:21 am

The battery that i'm using on my hb is the same as listed for the old shape mini, hope this helps
Johnboy HB
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bodyworx » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:24 am

my HC battery is the same as a Corsa B ! (cos I robbed it out my sons car :twisted: )
bodyworx
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:39 am

038 is the corrsct battery, but if its a HC make sure its not too tall, even 038's varry in shape and size one of mine is very close to touching the inside of the bonnet its that tall.
:?
pbottomley

Postby fastredcoupe » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:24 pm

if it's a 2.300 get the biggest (amps) you can that will fit physicaly, Les.
beer tent anybody?
fastredcoupe
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:07 pm

True if ist a 2.3 bassically you have whats left of a cast iron V8 large , heavy and very thrirsty on the amps..

E.G find a truck battery and work up from there ;)
pbottomley

Postby shamm » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:12 pm

I brought a standard battery which is fine 99% of the time and a heavy duty booster/starter unit.

Never been stranded yet!
Steve Hammond

Two 2.3 Viva's, one 2.3 Viva Estate, one 2.3 Magnum estate, half share in a 1.6 Viva auto, and no time (HC183)
shamm
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby fastredcoupe » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:32 pm

i'm with you on that one Steve, iv'e started to carry a booster pack just incase.
beer tent anybody?
fastredcoupe
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

battery

Postby Vivanuts Glenn » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:50 pm

Well Working in the auto electrical industry 038 batteries were fitted to all the viva range except the ohv models that had 015 heavy duty versions.

Most battery Manufacturers have now discontinued the 015 and have upgraded the 038 amps of to the equivilent of a 015 to save making 2 batteries but please be carefull when buying these go for a quality make ie Lucas Varta Yuasa etc not cheapy makes like banner halfords etc as the are sold as cheap batteries and do not have half the craking amps as the above makes.

on another occasion Adrian(lord viva) himself fitted a 065 battery to his droop snoot its a bit of a tight fit with only a fag papers gap between the Master cylder but it certainly spun over the car well

Hopefully this has helped you out.
Vivanuts Glenn
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Electrical help