VAUXHALL VIVA HA JACKING POINTS INFO PLEASE

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Re: VAUXHALL VIVA HA JACKING POINTS INFO PLEASE

Postby chasviva » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:56 pm

I think I still have your email address, if I have , I'll take some photos this afternoon & email them to you .
Regards Chas
chasviva
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Mercury » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:37 pm

Hi Chas, Have sent you a separate message, but my email is info@mercuryarv.co.uk
Mercury
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby chasviva » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:48 pm

I'll reply via your email tonight .
Regards Chas
chasviva
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Mercury » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:08 am

1972nail wrote:As Keith W says, there are no specific body mounted jacking points. Even the much later Viva HC was jacked up under the suspension and not the sill area as it was not strong enough.

So now I have it, the HA DID have a jacking point as suspected, otherwise, why would they supply a jack with the car? The jacking point is behind the sill in the structural member that runs from the front out towards the sill at an angle. In this was a hole into which you inserted the pin of the jack. In the edge of the sill on original cars was a small flange, obviously used as a locator and to steady the arm of the jack when inserted.

I will have a go at loading some pictures, and as long as I remember, to add some more when mine is repaired with the new jacking point. I may never use it, however, that does not mean it should not be in place for the next owner when I have left the earth finally. A big thank you for Chas for the information he kindly took the time to provide, thank you! Kindest regards, Simon (Kent area)
Mercury
SL Viva
SL Viva

Previous

Return to Bodywork