HC/Firenza door lock issues

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

HC/Firenza door lock issues

Postby Icedmunkie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:28 pm

An unusual one but one someone may have heard of...
If I lock shut the door and push the lock button down then pull the door handle.. I then cannot unlock the door.. only way to free it is to push the main handle towards the outside of the door. Does this on both doors.
Have I assembled something wrong?
Took door handle off and it works fine so something is amiss with the handle surely.
Pictures and possibly a video added
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WkKt2zNrvypx17y17
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KbVVrjWvmd3erbHm9

As you can see the downwards movement is minimal and the upwards movement is non existent
All Smoke...... No Poke
Icedmunkie
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: HC/Firenza door lock issues

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:51 am

I see what you mean - in the video, when you turn the key to unlock the door, the arm on the back of the handle doesn't come back up enough to pull the lock back up, hence it doesn't release. I did have some trouble when I was putting the handles and locks back together on my hatch, but I don't recall anything quite like that. I'll try to dig out some photos from when I rebuilt the handles then - I think I took some, I took photos of everything else. I do recall the manual wasn't all that helpful on the rebuild.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Re: HC/Firenza door lock issues

Postby 1972nail » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:08 am

I'm not much help here but there are differences between door locks. 4 door front door locks are different from 2 door and there seems to be differences between years as well, locking handles and push buttons are all the same. The lengths and positions of the rods are the main differences and the length of the striker plate that the push button pushes against. You can't mix and match the parts.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to Bodywork