Viva HC Coupe Rear Quarter

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Viva HC Coupe Rear Quarter

Postby gazpman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:18 pm

Not gonna be able to do anything about it straight away as i'm at uni, but any ideas or parts would be useful.

Got an HC coupe and its rusted through where the N/S rear quarter joins the boot floor, behind the wheel arch right at the bottom. Due to the curviness, my panel shaping tools of a hammer and a kerb will not do the job.

Any tips for this kind of work as I'm new to it, does anyone have a coupe they're breaking that has a pristeen rear N/S quarter, and would like to cut a bit off it (as if).

Cheers
Gary

"What is it?"
"It's a 1975 Vauxhall HC Viva E Coupe, with a Pinto"
"It looks like a hit man's car"
"It's going to be awesome"
gazpman
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:37 am

In your position I'd try to have a look around a motor factors repair panels bin and see if there's anything that fits well. If you find something make a note of it so we all know.

I know there are complete coupe rear quarter panels around, Adrian probably has some in the club, and there were saloon rear quarters (which would be the same in this position) at the VBOA autojumble last year.

If you're any good with a welder you could probably make a curved panel out of multiple smaller sections. Or have a look around for one of those ornamental stone "balls" so you've got something round to hit the panel against to shape it.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby xwv2300 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:23 pm

common rot area ,i think the saloon and coupe lower quarter (ie below the bumber) are the same .
xwv2300
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Bodywork