Fuel pump convert

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Fuel pump convert

Postby Cavansbh » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:55 pm

Hi I was wondering what Electric fuel pump I can use for a 1057cc ha and stock one broke I’ve been told a old mini aftermarket one would be ok for the carb but don’t want to risk if anyone has any knowledge on this it would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:14 am
Location: Aylesbury

Re: Fuel pump convert

Postby 1972nail » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:15 pm

You can buy a low pressure Facet pump that is suitable for carbs, the Facet 60104 Posi-Flow. It's rated at 20 gallon / hr - With a delivery pressure of 1.5-4 psi. 12v negative earth. Suitable for naturally aspirated carburettor fed engines up to 150 Bhp.

With all electric pumps it should be wired through the ignition switch and fitted with a fuse. It is also very good practice to run the power through an inertia cut off switch which cuts the power if you have an accident. These can easily be bought secondhand and were fitted to Land Rovers, Minis, Fiestas, Peugeots etc. The last thing you want is to be trapped inside a car with the fuel pump still pumping fuel over a hot engine.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
User avatar
Old Nail
Old Nail
Posts: 3072
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to Mechanical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest