misfire then breakdown

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

misfire then breakdown

Postby hbr341 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:37 pm

Hi
This is a follow up to a post i put on in Feb. last year since then i have fitted standard 12v coil and accuspark ignition to my 1256cc HB and thought i had solved the problem of hesitation or misfire then breakdown but no i took the car out yesterday running great as it does for the first 40 to 50 mins then going up a steep hill hesitated a few times as before difficult to say whether its hesitation or missing so the problem is still there but not as bad because it does not breakdown completely with the accuspark so its an improvement but still not sorted I think it must be ignition related but any ideas please its been 2 years now and still not sorted out.

Regards Chris,
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: misfire then breakdown

Postby jimlagos » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:41 am

Not sure if this is any help, but I've had a similar problem cured by blowing air back through the fuel pipe (to the tank) draining the tank completely and cleaning the tank. refill with new, clean fuel and it was cured. It seemed that I had muck being drawn into the fuel feed pipe after a bit of a drive.
jimlagos
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: misfire then breakdown

Postby hbr341 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:38 pm

Hi
Thanks the tank and fuel lines are all new on mine and there is always plenty of petrol at the carb I dont think its a fuel problem Thanks for your reply .

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Mechanical