suspension

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

suspension

Postby p6rguline backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:29 pm

here where i live we don't have much old english cars so i have to put another engine inside my viva hc ..

so my question is what kind of springs do i have to order to get my hc a bit harder suspension with a in-line 4 2litre engine

i'm not a race driver but i got a heavy foot and i'd like a bit harder suspension

please help
p6rguline backup

Postby p6rguline backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:29 pm

i understand that this is the selection :

quote :
Look, now in stock. Brand new viva front and rear suspension coil springs for Viva HB (1,159cc) and Viva HC (1,256cc). Standard spring ratings. Price is £25 each. Also springs for Viva GT / Magnum / Firenza and HPF £60 pair. Note the company can make to special order lowered and high length springs, POA.

i think the engine is a bit too heavy for stock springs ... so i will have to order gt/ magnum/ firenza springs ? the engine i'm planning is a ford scorpio engine with 5spd gearbox

reason for this change is the fact that it had a russian make engine in it and that just isn't reliable enough to enjoy the ride

so please please please help me
p6rguline backup

Postby Droopsnoot backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:30 pm

The slant four engine is a pretty heavy lump, so it's probably the case that you'd want to use Magnum or HPF springs. HPF springs are a bit lower than standard Magnum.
Droopsnoot backup

Postby p6rguline backup » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:30 pm

and rear ... same HPF springs ? i quess rear springs are also different (not only lenght ?)
p6rguline backup

Postby p6rguline » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:54 pm

so .. no answer i see ?
p6rguline

suspension

Postby northern nutter » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:37 pm

I would say go for HPF srings/magnum/GT i no a lad thats got a 2.9 ford in his HB and that seams fine and i will second what has been said yes the 2lt and 2.3lt are very heavy engins.

Deon
northern nutter

suspension

Postby Sid » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:25 am

I never saw the original post but I know a bit about V6s in HBs and HCs. What was the question?
If its about what front springs to use, mine sits too low on "uprated" HC springs but I'm thinking of swapping to 2300 Magnum
springs. AVO make suitable adjustable dampers.

Sid

----- Original Message -----
To: <mechanicalhelp@vauxhallviva.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:37 PM
Subject: suspension

>
> I would say go for HPF srings/magnum/GT i no a lad thats got a 2.9 ford in his HB and that seams fine and i will second what has
> been said yes the 2lt and 2.3lt are very heavy engins.
>
> Deon
> --
> Northern rep
> _________________________________________________________
> This email was sent from the vauxhall viva owners club forum
> Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

To Help SID

Postby pbottomley » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:37 pm

Sid mate the orriginal question is on the forum, but just to help here is a copy of it :
here where i live we don't have much old english cars so i have to put another engine inside my viva hc ..

so my question is what kind of springs do i have to order to get my hc a bit harder suspension with a in-line 4 2litre engine

i'm not a race driver but i got a heavy foot and i'd like a bit harder suspension

please help

:D

Paul Bottomley
pbottomley

suspension

Postby Sid » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:41 pm

Ah, in that case I'd second Deon's comment that the HP Firenza springs would probably be ideal, with the AVO adjustable dampers for
better control.

Sid

----- Original Message -----
To: <mechanicalhelp@vauxhallviva.com>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 12:37 PM
Subject: suspension

>
> Sid mate the orriginal question is on the forum, but just to help here is a copy of it :
> ***********************************
> here where i live we don't have much old english cars so i have to put another engine inside my viva hc ..
>
> so my question is what kind of springs do i have to order to get my hc a bit harder suspension with a in-line 4 2litre engine
>
> i'm not a race driver but i got a heavy foot and i'd like a bit harder suspension
>
> please help
> ************************************
>
> :D
>
> Paul Bottomley
> _________________________________________________________
> This email was sent from the vauxhall viva owners club forum
> Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com

This post was made via email to the Vauxhall Viva Owners Club
Visit us at www.vauxhallviva.com