Tonight's questions - what goes here?

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Re: Tonight's questions - what goes here?

Postby jpsmit » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:16 am

One more cable - didn't even know I had it.

It is shorter about 29 inches. I wonder if maybe it is one of the cables for the heat.

I am mostly interested though in the bracket - and specifically where it goes.

thoughts.

cable 1.jpg
cable 1.jpg (54.28 KiB) Viewed 634 times

cable 22.JPG
cable 22.JPG (27.84 KiB) Viewed 634 times

cable 33.jpg
cable 33.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 634 times
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby droopsnoot » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:25 pm

With the adjustment on one end, that seems more likely to be something like a throttle or choke cable. I got something reasonably similar to that with my Sportshatch project, and I'm pretty sure it's not from that car.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Bob perry » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:31 pm

Not exactly sure, but could it be an internal bonnet release catch cable? Were they even fitted on later models?

That's a pretty strong bracket though, so maybe other thoughts of a throttle cable are correct. The clevis end would fit under a pedal, but the other end looks to flimsy for the car end!

What sort of carb do you have on the car at the moment? Has it been changed at any time?
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jpsmit » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:11 am

Bob perry wrote:Not exactly sure, but could it be an internal bonnet release catch cable? Were they even fitted on later models?

That's a pretty strong bracket though, so maybe other thoughts of a throttle cable are correct. The clevis end would fit under a pedal, but the other end looks to flimsy for the car end!

What sort of carb do you have on the car at the moment? Has it been changed at any time?

Carbs are (presumably) original - twin Strombergs. I am told (offline) it is throttle. Definitely not choke or bonnet release - I have both of those and they are longer, and, more helpfully have handles on the end. :lol: I am given to understand the bracket bolts to the engine - will have to go through my pics of other cars to see if it jumps out at me.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Previous

Return to Mechanical