Tonight's questions - what goes here?

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Re: Tonight's questions - what goes here?

Postby jpsmit » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:11 am

anyone?

also given that the grid is black and the metal underneath is Orange, should the underneath be painted black as well? (the area where the wipers are.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:08 am

If it's anything like HC (and I don't know, which is why I didn't comment earlier) then the only way for air to get from the air intakes into the cabin is through the heater box - the rest (other than the individually-controlled fresh air vents at either side) is sealed-ish. So the heater box controls then decide whether you're letting "the elements" in to the cabin unmodified, or sending them through the heater matrix to warm up before entering the cabin, or indeed not letting them in at all.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby jpsmit » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:50 pm

droopsnoot wrote:If it's anything like HC (and I don't know, which is why I didn't comment earlier) then the only way for air to get from the air intakes into the cabin is through the heater box - the rest (other than the individually-controlled fresh air vents at either side) is sealed-ish. So the heater box controls then decide whether you're letting "the elements" in to the cabin unmodified, or sending them through the heater matrix to warm up before entering the cabin, or indeed not letting them in at all.

that's helpful, thanks! any thoughts on paint colour?
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby droopsnoot » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:07 pm

Sorry, I don't really know anything about HBs, not to that level of detail. Might be worth a separate post in the bodywork section of the forum as there are plenty on here who do know them.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby jpsmit » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:53 am

droopsnoot wrote:Sorry, I don't really know anything about HBs, not to that level of detail. Might be worth a separate post in the bodywork section of the forum as there are plenty on here who do know them.

thanks! actually got a helpful reply offline so, that is sorted.

now trying to sort out the wiper motor.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:38 am

jpsmit wrote:thanks! actually got a helpful reply offline so, that is sorted.

Perhaps you could share it with the rest of the class, in case anyone finds your question because they're trying to find out the same thing.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby jpsmit » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:21 pm

droopsnoot wrote:
jpsmit wrote:thanks! actually got a helpful reply offline so, that is sorted.

Perhaps you could share it with the rest of the class, in case anyone finds your question because they're trying to find out the same thing.

Basically the 'under' areas are to be body colour - and that painting it black might be more trouble than it is worth.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby viva les vegas » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:38 pm

When I had my HB, I’m pretty sure that both the grill and underneath were all body color. White in my case. But, I haven’t had that car for nearly 20 years. Yours is a GT variant, isn’t it? I don’t know if they did a different color scheme for them, where the grill was black, as yours is, from factory.
Remember, some days you're the statue, and others, you're the pigeon ;)
Life is a journey, not a destination.

used to be HB259
viva les vegas
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jpsmit » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:25 am

viva les vegas wrote:When I had my HB, I’m pretty sure that both the grill and underneath were all body color. White in my case. But, I haven’t had that car for nearly 20 years. Yours is a GT variant, isn’t it? I don’t know if they did a different color scheme for them, where the grill was black, as yours is, from factory.

yes they did, the bonnet and side stripes were all factory paint.

jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby jpsmit » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:10 am

Tonight's question is a variation on 'what goes here.' I have started sorting cables. Pulled down the clutch cables and while it is clear how the cable attaches to the pivot arm I am not at all clear how it attaches to the clutch pedal. Any ideas?

thanks all
JP
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanical