Wheel Cylinder for my HC

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Re: Wheel Cylinder for my HC

Postby droopsnoot » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:16 am

When I bought the Lockheed seal kits for my Firenza, they just came as generic 3/4" wheel cylinder seal kits. I think for a given diameter they're pretty universal. I have an idea the OHV cars are a smaller diameter though.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby vivapete3 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:59 am

StefanM wrote:The seal kits are very common so they should not be a problem at all. I stock them all and are easily posted if you go for that route.

Hi StefanM, thanks for advice, would like to buy wheel cylinder seal kits for all 4 single cylinders on front and seal kits for both rear double cylinders,there are no numbers on the cylinder I removed, but all are Lockheed type, the Viva is a 1971 HC 1256 2dr saloon, reg JUK 281K, thanking you in anticipation, vivapete3.
vivapete3
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby ADRIAN » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Your car is an early Viva HC, so it has "manual" adjustable rear brakes. The early "aftermarket" Lockheed cylinders (Moprod) are part number MWC 143 (L/H) & MWC 144 (R/H) Late cars have Self adjusting brakes and the cylinders are MWC 145 (L/H) & MWC146 (R/H) These cylinders are not interchangable - early to late & vice versa etc, nor side to side....as they are handed. I have lots of the early rear cylinders in stock. Adrian
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Previous

Return to Mechanical