CARBURETTER SOLEX B30 PSEI 6 Zenith 30 IZ

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

CARBURETTER SOLEX B30 PSEI 6 Zenith 30 IZ

Postby Hubert64 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:30 am

Hello,

Owner of a Vauxhall Viva HA of 1965, I am considering the replacement of the carburetter SOLEX B30 PSEI 6 by a new unit because the thread of one of the five holes in the body where the five screws holding the float chamber cover are inserted is competely gone, which means that the cover is only held by four screw instead of four. There's also the fact that I can't remove one of the jets to clean it and renew the sealing ring.

On the web site of zenith carburetters, they have a catalog with parts for the SOLEX B30 PSEI 6 and in that list, they mention the whole carburetter at a reasonable price but it is unfortunately out of stock.

On Ebay, I found a zenith 30 IZ carburettor for sale and new old stock. The seller says it might fit a Vauxhall Viva, which seems possible because I know that the diaphragm of the econostat and the pump injector are the same. I also compared the Zenith with the Solex on my car and I can't see the difference. But I notice that some spare parts for the zenith and solex carburetters have different references.

My question is : do you think the ZENITH 30 IZ can be fitted to the Viva HA of 1965 in replacement of the Solex B30 PSEI 6 ?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Hubert.
Hubert64
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: CARBURETTER SOLEX B30 PSEI 6 Zenith 30 IZ

Postby bedfordbad » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Hello...
Yes the zenith 301z is a direct replacement for the solex...
In fact it was standard equipment for the later ha saloons and hb viva's. ... zeniths are also easier to get parts for...
Regards steven
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: CARBURETTER SOLEX B30 PSEI 6 Zenith 30 IZ

Postby Hubert64 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:43 am

Hello Bedfordbad,

Thank you very much for your answer, most useful.

Have a nice day,

Truly yours,

Hubert.
Hubert64
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Mechanical