Viva Lower Front Ball Joints.

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Viva Lower Front Ball Joints.

Postby jimbo123 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi anyone interested on EBAY most NOS lower ball joints are up for sale for around £45 there are new ones for sale from First Line which are part of the Borg and Beck Group (clutches brakes etc) for £12.40 inc postage on EBAY item no 351888116828 hope this helps somebody Jim. :D
jimbo123
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Viva Lower Front Ball Joints.

Postby 1972nail » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Thanks Jim, I am amazed that someone thinks that NOS aftermarket parts for old cars should be priced a lot higher than you can buy new.... If they were genuine Vauxhall or even Lockheed then a bit of a premium can be justified, but an extra 80% is a bit daft IMO.

I personally prefer genuine Vauxhall or old Lockheed stock for the ball joints as they are better engineered than the QH and many of the other aftermarket ones, as a result I have a reserve stock of them, just in case....:D

I have had good experiences of a number of First Line products but no direct experience of their Viva ball joints. I would assume that they will be of a good quality like their other products I have used and probably a lot better than most other aftermarket ones.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to Mechanical