GT Fuel Tank Sender

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Re: GT Fuel Tank Sender

Postby jpsmit » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:49 pm

looks great! thanks - and, I think I can probably adapt the feed pipe from the OHC sender which should make it simpler.

again the previous question are the OHV senders available? (through the spares scheme?)
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby jpsmit » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:56 pm

jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby 1972nail » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:25 pm

jpsmit wrote:looks great! thanks - and, I think I can probably adapt the feed pipe from the OHC sender which should make it simpler.

again the previous question are the OHV senders available? (through the spares scheme?)

They are pretty common here, relatively speaking, compared to OHC ones anyway.....

You'll need one with 200 ohms resistance and the correct PCD for the 6 holes. The Classic Mini one is the correct PCD as the gasket can be used as a replacement but I don't know about the resistance.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby 1972nail » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:39 pm

JP, you own a MG Midget? The sender from one of those appears to be the same PCD and you could check the resistance on yours before you buy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-Midget-Aus ... Qae2DRx1mw

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby jpsmit » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:50 am

1972nail wrote:JP, you own a MG Midget? The sender from one of those appears to be the same PCD and you could check the resistance on yours before you buy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-Midget-Aus ... Qae2DRx1mw

weird, I thought mine had a friction ring holding it in place - will need to check now.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby 1972nail » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Yes, some appear to have retaining rings, possibly later ones. Chopper sent me a link to show how to modify the sender electrical rating. In the text it appears that MG senders run in the same range of about 0 to 200 ohms as the Viva ones. Although the text specifically says the MG range is 20 to 222 ohms, 20 = full and 222 = empty.

http://www.mgexp.com/article/fuel-sender-adjust.html

1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Previous

Return to Mechanical