No fuel getting to carburettor/ fuel pump problems.

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Re: No fuel getting to carburettor/ fuel pump problems.

Postby tynelord1969 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:38 am

Refering to my last message. The photo has not been sent in the right orientation so the old pump is the one on the left!
tynelord1969
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:31 am

With a torch and an inspection mirror, can you see the cam in the engine and get an idea whether there's any damage there? I thought I'd ruined the aux shaft on mine when I forced it to turn with the wrong sized insulator, but it does still work - there's not a lot of force involved in actuating the fuel pump.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby tynelord1969 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks . I'll try using a mirror and light to look inside the engine. I'm away from home at the moment so it's a bit frustrating that I can't do it sooner.
tynelord1969
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby tynelord1969 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:52 pm

droopsnoot wrote:With a torch and an inspection mirror, can you see the cam in the engine and get an idea whether there's any damage there? I thought I'd ruined the aux shaft on mine when I forced it to turn with the wrong sized insulator, but it does still work - there's not a lot of force involved in actuating the fuel pump.

Yes I've just looked inside at the camshaft with a mirror and it didn't look worn. I felt it with my finger and didn't detect a worn groove.
tynelord1969
SL Viva
SL Viva

Previous

Return to Mechanical