Weber 32 ICT running rich

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Re: Weber 32 ICT running rich

Postby 1972nail » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:21 pm

Love the bolts in the vacuum takeoffs in the manifold too :lol:
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby lord13 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:05 pm

1972nail wrote:Love the bolts in the vacuum takeoffs in the manifold too :lol:

hey . . . needs must ;) anyway if i spray them silver no one will notice right? :wink:
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lord13 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:07 pm

Mike Attew wrote:Lord13, Thank you very much, I can see how it works now. I will have to adapt my bracket to fit. I came to a stop today though as I found I required 2 x longer UNC [ I think they are ] bolts. Will have to wait for my local nuts and bolts place to open on Tuesday.

Oh yeah forgot about those ...
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Mike Attew » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:13 am

Just an update, I have now sourced the correct throttle cable bracket and air filter connector. I am just having a bit of trouble finding the box. Preferably the oblong type.

A question, if I can't source a good one would a K&N work? or would it allow too much air through?
I know on a couple of old V8 Range Rovers I had and my sons V8 Defender with Strombergs they allowed too much air flow and weakened the mixture.
Mike
Mike Attew
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby lord13 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:08 pm

I had a pancake filter on a stromberg on one of my old vivas , it did get a bit 'breathy' at times, i was told by someone to double up the spring in the carb, which i did, seemed to help it overcome the problem .
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Mike Attew » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Cheers Lord13, good tip. I have a spare spring with all the parts I got. My son also has a spare K&N cone we had to take off his V8 so may be the way to go at the minute when I get my bolts. :D
Mike
Mike Attew
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Mike Attew » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Stromberg carb is working, went to fill with petrol and it ran ok but it needs tuning better or new jet and needle. Haven't tried it since cause the weather is *Bleep*. I also found why it was running a bit hot, all the fins water channels I could see from the top inside were partially blocked, took the rad off and on it's back filled with cheap cola, left to soak and flushed out, repeated process and it's all clear and shiny. Lumps also came out with the flush but it seems better.
Mike
Mike Attew
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to Mechanical