HA Brake Calipers

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

HA Brake Calipers

Postby Bob perry » Tue May 25, 2021 11:20 am

I have the offer of two brand new Girling type 14 Calipers, at a very good price, but the HA takes type 12 Calipers and discs.!

Does anyone know if they can be fitted, or what modification has to be made, if any.

Mine are not too bad, and she gets through the MOT reading OK, but a nice new pair would be so much better.
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: HA Brake Calipers

Postby ADRIAN » Thu May 27, 2021 12:51 pm

There are 2 types of Girling type 14. The type 14 that fits Magnum/Firenza/ Viva GT is for 10" discs and cannot be used on the HA. The mounting points are different, and if fitted to HA it will bring the caliper outwards, away from the disc and the pads wont cover the full disc running area. Then, there is the Girling Type 14 Mk11 (thats roman 2) and this should be marked on the side. These are for Viva HB, with 8" discs and these CAN be fitted to the HA as replacement to the type 12.
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: HA Brake Calipers

Postby Bob perry » Thu May 27, 2021 7:49 pm

Thanks Adrian, guess I'll give them a miss then! It was only a thought anyway, and they were quite cheap at £50-00 each!
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Mechanical