Brake master cylinder

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Brake master cylinder

Postby crazy viva lady » Thu May 11, 2006 12:24 am

Hi there folks!

Can anyone tell me if a MGB tandem brake master cylinder (lockheed) is the same as an HC one? :?
crazy viva lady

Postby crazy viva lady » Tue May 30, 2006 9:43 pm

Just to update ..........

the answer seems to be yes!

I brought one off ebay and it seems to be fine :D
crazy viva lady

Postby hbpeter » Tue May 30, 2006 9:46 pm

Well now we know! Is it really the same, smae bore etc?
Peter
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby pbottomley » Tue May 30, 2006 9:58 pm

speaking of master cylinders, had to hammer the cap off my HA one tonight, seemed it was super glued on or summin??? anyways its off but buggered, so I am after a new cap

I tried all sorts to move it, with no avail, so it was Mr (MC) Hammer and screwdriver through the lid and rip it off (yes thats the only way I could get it off!).

As I work all day long and dont get home till after most shops shut, I cannot do a thing until the weekend, but if some saddo has a spare lid hanging around , I keen 8) Its a non servo 1963 car, Girling brake master cylinder.
pbottomley

Postby crazy viva lady » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:58 pm

I belive its the same, just had to change the reseviour (god only knows how to spell that LOL)
crazy viva lady

Postby pbottomley » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:03 am

Got me a new cap, got it off a scrapped mini round at the local mini specalists... Its a Lockhead cap but fits fine. so thats another item ticked off the list towards an MOT for the HA.
pbottomley

Return to Mechanical