can ya help me?

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

can ya help me?

Postby shakeyviva » Tue May 23, 2006 10:47 pm

hello,

im currently using my viva to help me become aware of the classic mechanical wonders.

she is doin wat seems to be a regular prob with these cars.. will not pick up in 3rd + 4th (sumtimes 1st and 2nd)

ive taken my carb apart, cleaned it out etc. Ive also done the following... checked the leads rotor arm and diz cap. theyre all fine.. but i did notice that the sparks were all black n sooty. this means shes running rich right?

anyway... the gasket on the carb is damaged. could this be the problem? and also the filter wasnt intact and mustve let sum shite into the carb!

i need the following parts...

u may be able to help me?

carb gasket thingy for a HC stomberg

air filter (round type for the HC)

please help! 8)
shakeyviva

Postby droopsnoot » Wed May 24, 2006 10:46 am

If it's a Stromberg, did you carefully check that the diaphragm inside isn't damaged? Even a very small split in the rubber will give it major pickup problems.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby pbottomley » Wed May 24, 2006 12:06 pm

if it helps I have a pile of spare carbs, that I shoulkd be able to get a good diapfram out of when you come round Sat. 11am good for me as planned :D

Not looked for an air filter yet, but seem to remeber a new one in a box last year, not seen it since, so could be buried or fitted to a car ??? LOL
pbottomley

Return to Mechanical