Quick Windshield Question

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Quick Windshield Question

Postby ADRIAN » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:58 pm

Oh yes, I remember that car well. Viva HB Deluxe Estate. Owned by Patrick who was a member for a while who lived at Deep River, Ontario. Sue and I visited him at his home on a memorable holiday trip many years ago now, and I actually drove this car. (Complete with the big holes in the floor pan) Pat was the local car safety tester and he passed his own car! The car had reg number "THE 660" but I think that this was a transferable number? The Estate had a full Brabham kit complete with body stripes. I remember that we drove down to Buffalo USA to visit Pats family, and we met up with another club member, Mike Poole, who was on holiday in the US and he came up country from New York to meet up. I have a photo somewhere of the three of us at Niagara falls.
Adrian
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jpsmit » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:54 am

ADRIAN wrote:Oh yes, I remember that car well. Viva HB Deluxe Estate. Owned by Patrick who was a member for a while who lived at Deep River, Ontario. Sue and I visited him at his home on a memorable holiday trip many years ago now, and I actually drove this car. (Complete with the big holes in the floor pan) Pat was the local car safety tester and he passed his own car! The car had reg number "THE 660" but I think that this was a transferable number? The Estate had a full Brabham kit complete with body stripes. I remember that we drove down to Buffalo USA to visit Pats family, and we met up with another club member, Mike Poole, who was on holiday in the US and he came up country from New York to meet up. I have a photo somewhere of the three of us at Niagara falls.
Adrian

what a lovely memory! thanks for reminiscing! Yes the license plates in Canada stay with the driver. I am sure people might wish the Brabham Kits had been saved rather than the windshield. :) (maybe it was?)
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby ADRIAN » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:24 am

And the sticker is very old from the first few months of the club (see club history on the clubs website introduction)
Also see pictures of the Viva HB Estate car, THE 660 under the section of overseas cars on the forum.
Adrian
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Previous

Return to General Discussion