INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT

Postby V8vivaman » Wed May 22, 2024 11:17 am

Just so everyone is aware I have created an Instagram account where we can show off cars, events, features on restorations, you name it it can go on there. If anyone has Instagram is under 'Vauxhallvivaownersclub'

https://www.instagram.com/vauxhallvivaownersclub/

The aim is to generate more awareness of the club and hopefully attract more members. Its new, its a bit out of my comfort zone I must admit, but I'm willing to give it a go and see if we can pull in new members along the way as well as gaining interest in our cars.

So I'm asking for suggestions on what you'd all like to see on the page. Nothing is off the table so any help for content is very welcome.

Unlike our fantastic club magazine this can be updated immediately, so if you're out and about, see something you feel would be worthwhile shouting about just take a pic and send it to me and I'll get it uploaded and show it to the world :D :thanx:
V8vivaman
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT

Postby cooperman » Wed May 22, 2024 8:11 pm

Excellent idea Jodie
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby V8vivaman » Thu May 23, 2024 9:58 am

Cheers Marcus, its only in its infancy atm, but if I can get content I'll add it on. I suppose I need permission from people to add their cars hence why I asked for them to send me what they want putting on?

If you have an account just follow the page and I can add everyone who follows the page also
V8vivaman
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby 1972nail » Thu May 23, 2024 7:52 pm

Well done Jodie.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby cooperman » Thu May 23, 2024 9:21 pm

Sorry Jodie I don't do Insta, I've resisted going on it because of the Kardashians... lol
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jpsmit » Fri May 24, 2024 2:37 am

cooperman wrote:Sorry Jodie I don't do Insta, I've resisted going on it because of the Kardashians... lol

Waaaiiittt a minute, you mean to say the Kardashians drive Fords? :D
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby HC Fairley » Fri May 24, 2024 8:55 am

This is a great idea, well done!

Not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs here but just a thought based off the comments Marcus made. You could connect the Instagram page to the Club Facebook page if you wanted. That way, those like Marcus, who aren't on Instagram could still see what's going on.

When a post is made on Instagram you just tick a box and it will add it to the Facebook page too. Just a thought
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby V8vivaman » Fri May 24, 2024 9:23 am

Thanks for that, like I say I'm not really familiar with how it works, so will see if I can do that. My Son is over at the weekend he maybe able to help me get better on it over a few beers......maybe that's not such a good idea :lol:
V8vivaman
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby V8vivaman » Fri May 24, 2024 9:29 am

Seems I need to speak to Adrian regards the log in details for the Facebook page so it can sync. Adrian help :help3:
V8vivaman
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to General Discussion