New Vanguards Model

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

New Vanguards Model

Postby ADRIAN » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:54 pm

For all the model collectors out there, thought you would be interested to known that Corgi Vanguard has just announced a new model to be released sometime between January & June 2017.

VA08713 Vauxhall Viva (HB) GT in Elkhart Yellow

I have seen a photo, and it is not accurate, - as its on a 1970 "H" reg, with a Matt black bonnet and this has wrong paint lines. Corgi prices have gone up too, now £28 each.

ADRIAN
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: New Vanguards Model

Postby Colin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Well, it's probably as close as I'm ever going to get to discovering an unmolested, original, low mileage Elkhart yellow Viva GT squirrelled away under a dust sheet in a warm, dry barn somewhere... :lol:

Here's a link. I must say, I like it -

http://www.corgi.co.uk/vauxhall-viva-gt ... ellow.html
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby tony west » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:30 pm

For what its worth......
TNR 149H was a mk1 GT, Elkhart Yellow and on a H plate. This car once belonged to one of the 'Leicester Loonies', Steve smith back in 1987- 90 ish !!. Don't recall those stripes though !!.
Apparently when brand new it was kept on display in a dealers showroom for some time before being registered, this was Steves explanation and I had no cause to doubt him !!.
Cheers Tony.
tony west
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jpsmit » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:29 pm

Slightly OT but, the previous owner of my GT has on his shelf a Tasmin Orange GT (like the real one) Vanguards model. Guy Turner found it for him. Short of breaking into his office to retrieve it, anyone have any idea where I might find one?
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Return to General Discussion