EU Court Ruling

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: EU Court Ruling

Postby chrismc » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:04 pm

So all the 'brexiters' voted for was to restrict the UK in having a say in the making of the rules and regs we will have to abide by anyway.
So in a nut shell, the 1 or 2 % that forced us to leave the EU, have ham-stringed us for years to come.

Agree

If 'the common man' does this with his vote, then he should not be allowed to vote at all.

Disagree

Lighten up guys this is a site for Viva-ing not politics

Agree. :D
chrismc
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby lord13 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:53 am

Fred Dukes wrote:Eer who are you calling common :lol: Best have another referendum - see if it gets an answer you like :wink:
Lighten up guys this is a site for Viva-ing not politics :shock:

common man = electorate ....everyone is 'common' ;) :D

..but of course you are right, I just get a little defensive on the whole 'brexit' thing, my wife is of mixed nationality, and is very worried at the way things are going.

Another referendum won't sort the issue, we just shouldn't've got to vote on this, the british public on a whole cannot be trusted to make this sort of decision in my view, especially when the majority get swayed by the media so easily, no one does the research any more. And i lump the 'remain-ers' in with this too, as the argument to remain was utterly devoid of any 'meat', no wonder the 'leave' vote got it when the argument to remain was so weak....but still, what's done is done...unfortunately no one in charge knows what to do now anyway.
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lord13 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:56 am

chrismc wrote:
So all the 'brexiters' voted for was to restrict the UK in having a say in the making of the rules and regs we will have to abide by anyway.
So in a nut shell, the 1 or 2 % that forced us to leave the EU, have ham-stringed us for years to come.

Agree

If 'the common man' does this with his vote, then he should not be allowed to vote at all.

Disagree

Lighten up guys this is a site for Viva-ing not politics

Agree. :D

I wish i remembered how to 'multi-quote' :/

the 'not allowed to vote' bit was tongue in cheek.... but i'd happily welcome a dictatorship, without the torturing and corruption of course ;)
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Vote to leave was actually 51.9%

Dont work in a bookies do you ?
pbottomley

Postby jpsmit » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:49 pm

lord13 wrote:.... but i'd happily welcome a dictatorship, without the torturing and corruption of course ;)

Read the first half of your statement and was going to suggest you move to the USA - then saw the second half and thought, naw, don't bother. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby AccieMad » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Just a couple points and my only post on this:-

There is no hard or soft Brexit. We leave the EU or we don't. The PM has said this a number of times.

We will still have access to but not be a member of the single market after Brexit. We'll be able to sell into the EU whatever happens. We will not 'lose access' Again stated clearly a number of times.

If we strike a trade deal with the EU great if not we'll go to WTO. In any event we'll strike deals with the rest of the world (which we can't atm).

'
No matter what way we leave the EU we will STILL ultimately be a part of the EU
' Doesn't make sense, did you mean ultimately be a part of Europe?'

Whether for the best or not long term who knows.

Anyway back to the Viva.
HB 157
AccieMad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby lord13 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:43 am

pbottomley wrote:

Vote to leave was actually 51.9%

Dont work in a bookies do you ?

leave = 51.9%, remain = 48.1% ....the difference is 1.9%, so my comment of '1 or 2 %' was correct.
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lord13 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:57 am

AccieMad wrote:
We will still have access to but not be a member of the single market after Brexit. We'll be able to sell into the EU whatever happens. We will not 'lose access' Again stated clearly a number of times.

don't recall saying we will lose access....just the ability to have a say in how the rules that govern us are implemented

AccieMad wrote:
'
No matter what way we leave the EU we will STILL ultimately be a part of the EU
' Doesn't make sense, did you mean ultimately be a part of Europe?'

Yes...but also that we will still be governed by the EU in some respects

AccieMad wrote:Anyway back to the Viva.

There are a couple of you stating that this is a forum for viva's etc and we shouldn't be talking politics, but this 'thread' was started as a political thread, and had nothing to do with viva's, so the discussion is valid and should not have to have members telling us not to 'talk politics'. If there is no room on the forum for politics then remove the thread. I, for one, welcome the chance to talk about it, there has been no 'name calling' or other such unpleasantness, and this is an important issue.....albeit one we can do nothing about. It's good to see the views of others, I may even get some information, or reassurance that makes me understand or believe that everything will actually be ok after all.
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Ohh its been very polite and thats a welcome change for a off club topic thread.....

:thanx:
pbottomley

Previous

Return to General Discussion