33 years in garage

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

33 years in garage

Postby dave hc692 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi guys is it me ,or is it that a car wants to be on the road again, every nut bolt or screw comes apart easily . It is amazing after 33years in a garage. Hope to be back on the road this year, you will see the car in the next magazine. Thanks davehc692
dave hc692
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: 33 years in garage

Postby bedfordbad » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:49 pm

Hi dave.... I had to laugh!!!!!
I totally know where your coming from.... unbelievably I too have a car I've just rescued after 33yrs in a garage and it's putting up little fight in the restoration. ..
I'm just renewing everything that has rubber in just to be on the safe side......
Cant wait to see it in the mag. .. good luck...
Steve
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Bob perry » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:32 pm

Biggest problem I had, with a vehicle that had been garaged for 33 years, wasn't the work, although some of it was a bit tricky!!, it was getting DVLA to change it to a historic categorisation!!
Had to write a full explanation of where it had been, why it hadn't been taxed or mot'd and so on, but eventually I got through to them and she is, happily, now on the road.
HA130
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Colin » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:36 am

Bob perry wrote:Biggest problem I had, with a vehicle that had been garaged for 33 years, wasn't the work, although some of it was a bit tricky!!, it was getting DVLA to change it to a historic categorisation!!
Had to write a full explanation of where it had been, why it hadn't been taxed or mot'd and so on, but eventually I got through to them and she is, happily, now on the road.
HA130

Computer says nah.... :roll:
Attachments
71645180.jpg
71645180.jpg (108.09 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Bob perry » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:48 pm

But the lovely lady from Swansea, she say yessss!!! Mona Viva lives!!
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Johnboy HB » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:19 pm

One of my Vivas was off the road from 1980 until it came my way about 3 year's ago & was no longer on the dvla database, I applied for the logbook, no problem, registering it as a historic vehicle was done at the post office when I went to tax it, no problem, I don't understand why the dvla wants you to explain where your car's been in the intervening years, but not interested in mine, strange !
Johnboy HB
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Bob perry » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:26 am

I think it was something to do with the SORN regulations.
Not sure when they actually came in to force, but mine wasn't SORN, and had been off the road since 1983, last taxed 1982, so maybe the first person I spoke to was just a bit suspicious, and asked for details of where it had been etc, suggesting that I sent in an explanation with my historic change application.
Anyway I sent the log book off, with covering letter, and when I hadn't heard after a fair few weeks, I phoned again and the lady couldn't have been more helpful saying they didn't really need the letter, and all was progressing well!!!!
Logbook and zero tax confirmation arrived a few days later with much relief!!
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to General Discussion