Early hb differences

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Early hb differences

Postby glenn93 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:14 pm

I have got a 1/10/1966 first date of reg HB Deluxe that I am going to be restoring, and I am starting to see some slight differences. Firstly, the front valance has got no recess stamped into it in the centre behind the number plate. Secondly, the seat belt top mounts are on the panel just below the side window not upon the B pillar, and the third thing is, the strengthening panel that goes across the car that the rear seat rests on top of, has got oval holes in it ,not a solid panel. Does anyone know of any other differences?
glenn93
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Early hb differences

Postby GAV » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:54 pm

Early HBs have the main ignition lights and wiper switches set into a seperate panel beneath the dashboard, whereas as they seem to be referred to now, on Mark 2 HBs those switches are set into the actual speedo surround under the strip speedo itself.
GAV
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby michaelmate » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:22 pm

As you point out there are many differences on 66 build cars , floppy bonnets , cardboard bulb holders on the headlights , two tone door cards ( SL ) no ' drip trays ' under the bonnet , no bump stops on the front suspension ............i cant remember any more ! I have a 66 build SL reg 1-1-67 .
Projects........Projects........Projects!
HC 391
michaelmate
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby glenn93 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:11 pm

thanks for the replies would be nice to get a look at some early cars is any one with an early car going to VBOA rally ?
glenn93
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby michaelmate » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Just remembered ! 66 built cars have different fresh air vents in the dashboard , usually a directional cheesegrater type but 66's just have a flap ! Brilliant in the summer , its like aircon when you're at speed ! :D
Projects........Projects........Projects!
HC 391
michaelmate
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to General Discussion