opinions on my gt i bought please

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: opinions on my gt i bought please

Postby kriswalsh » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Looks aright to me, just needs some tlc..
kriswalsh
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jamezz666 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:24 pm

[quote="kriswalsh"]Looks aright to me, just needs some tlc..[/q

ye it isn't too bad. I got the screw driver out tonight poking around and i found a big piece of the passenger door post fell out (made of fibre glass and door has sagged)
both rear arches/ rear of the sills/ spare wheel well/ part of the rear body below the opening rear window has a hole..

But these are the usual and to be honest, as long as i can get it on the road as soon as possible i'll be happy :)

does anyone know if the water pumps have an oiling point? it screeches really loud :shock:

Also i found a service book in the car, but it's not for my one but for a blue hb sl REG: PCV 172G. I did check on dvla but nothing came up, but if you use www.instantcarcheck.co.uk it shows the basic details. I wonder if it still survives... the chaps name is Mr S.V Grigg
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Kraken » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:54 pm

Looks like you've bought an absolute pup James.

I'm a charitable guy though so if you want we can trade. Honey is nice and original (never welded judging by the state of her!!). Her engine is removed so she's ready for a transplant if that's what you desire...

A trade with a few £kkk my and I'd be happy enough...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jamezz666 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:52 am

Kraken wrote:Looks like you've bought an absolute pup James.

I'm a charitable guy though so if you want we can trade. Honey is nice and original (never welded judging by the state of her!!). Her engine is removed so she's ready for a transplant if that's what you desire...

A trade with a few £kkk my and I'd be happy enough...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sounds good to me... how do you want it sent? 2nd class signed for :lol: i might just get away sending it as a small parcel, but then again it could be off a few mm :lol: :lol:
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:56 am

jamezz666 wrote:does anyone know if the water pumps have an oiling point? it screeches really loud :shock:

I've never oiled mine. Are you sure it's not just the belt slipping against the pump? Might indicate a loose belt, or a stiff pump.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Retro morgs » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:47 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:At least you have some re-assurance that you have not bought a pup :lol: You got it off your chest and now the only way if forward :P If you want a recon 2l short engine for it and a load if OHC engine parts look at Nick Morgan's post on our facebook group :goodideasign:

I have still got the 2.0 short motor,still sorting through stuff sifting out all the ohc stuff. Just drop me a message if you are interested mate
68 HB bitza,72 HC 1159 Deluxe,74 HC 1800 SL auto,74 FE Ventora,94 2.8 Frontera
Retro morgs
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jamezz666 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:20 pm

I'll be starting a restoration thread tomorrow with some pictures of before and after.
The other 2 hb's I've put on hold until I get the gt done, but it looks like, if I go flat out at the car daily, it's going to take a month to 2 months by all the holes showing up :lol:

So take a look in the restoration section tomorrow, as I have gotten some of it welded up today :D
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to General Discussion