rear seat belts HA

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

rear seat belts HA

Postby Bob perry » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:21 pm

I would like to fit some rear belts to the HA, now that my 11 year old Grandson is taking a big interest in the Viva!! Start em young eh?

He has ridden in the front, no problem, but when my Wife and I are there too, he has to go in the back, and moaned because there aren't any belts, so he wants to help me fit some!!

Haven't studied it yet, or removed the rear seat, but are there any pre formed threads for bolts and mounting points, or have I got to manufacture some.

Where's the best and strongest points? Probably going to get static three points, or would lap types be ok?
Presume the buckles would be under the seat towards the centre, therefore the top point would be around the parcel shelf area, but where would the bottom mounting point go?

Any views or assistance would be great, thanks.
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to General Discussion