trim removal around gt door?

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

trim removal around gt door?

Postby jamezz666 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Hello

i was wondering how you remove the stainless trim around the door on a gt? as i had it in mind you might have to pry them off?

Thanks
James
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: trim removal around gt door?

Postby lord13 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:34 am

Very, very, very, very carefully . . .

I believe they are the same as SL gutter trim, just pressed on. They distort extremely easily, it's a hard job to keep them from bending. They are slightly more robust than gutter trim but not much.
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jamezz666 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:08 pm

lord13 wrote:Very, very, very, very carefully . . .

I believe they are the same as SL gutter trim, just pressed on. They distort extremely easily, it's a hard job to keep them from bending. They are slightly more robust than gutter trim but not much.

Ok thank you for the reply, i think i'll try remove them on a day where i have lots of patience :lol:
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbr341 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi
I took them off my GT with a wide bolster chisel they came off ok and clip back on after the respray good luck.

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:05 pm

hbr341 wrote:Hi
I took them off my GT with a wide bolster chisel they came off ok and clip back on after the respray good luck.

Regards Chris.

Yossa Hughes special !!!
pbottomley

Return to General Discussion