Is there many people after HB Panels?

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Is there many people after HB Panels?

Postby 1972nail » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Just remembered that Hadrian Panels used to do loads of repair sections for all Vivas in the 1980's. They did go into admin some while ago but the name is being traded under as the Hadrian Group. The Chevette panels are still listed so they might be worth a try. They may well be willing to make a short run if they have the presses still available.

https://www.carbodypanels4u.co.uk/hadrian-body-panels
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby jamezz666 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Well i didn't expect so many replies :D i've had an interesting couple of days as my daily car had the wheel bearing blow apart! luckily i was only doing 30mph but still a scary experience and by god are the parts pricey for a peugeot 307!

Anyway back on topic :lol: so how many of us so far are willing to approach A company with panels to see if we can get something flowing? as i say i will happily donate my panels to a company knowing that something comes back out in return. i wouldn't mind if it was repair sections as it's better than nothing. Over the last 2 years i have noticed more Hb's pop up out the wood work, so i can imagine there is still more to show up and to me i think the hb's are now catching the eye of more people, so i reckon that given another year or 2 there could be more demand for panels! so i thought why not get something done sooner than later :)

As iv'e never done anything like this, i think Colin has a good idea on how we could commence this and maybe a couple more ideas from people on how to. Also who would be in charge? as i will be honest... i'm no leader and can be fairly clueless :lol: or we could all meet up on a day with our panels set, then march straight into a selected company guns blazing haha i'm sure that could prompt something!

thanks for the replies everyone!

James
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby rizzo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Here you go this is the company i came up with http://www.nhcpanels.co.uk/contact_us.php not quite the link but read through the pages
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby 1972nail » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:13 pm

Reading through the pages this seems like a very simple and easy prcess that should not cost a fortune to produce low numbers of panels. I think that someone in the locality should go to see them and talk it through. Somewhere I believe that there is a thread where we all suggested panels that should be made up.

They don't seem to have a large range, mainly Austin Healey and E$c@%t door skins, so maybe they will be willing to become the main Viva panel supplier as there will be very little competition.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Colin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:13 pm

The service offered by NHC Panels appears to be a viable possibility for low volume manufacture of our unobtainable panels. As you say David, we really need someone local to West Yorkshire, or willing to travel there, to visit the company to discuss our order and the costs involved.

We also, crucially, need a volunteer owner of examples of the rare panels who is willing to submit their panels for replicating. Perhaps we could offer the first new pair of panels to that volunteer as an incentive?

I would be happy to submit panels if I had them, but I don't have any suitable NOS wings or wheel arch repair sections to offer. Although I will be happy to submit my NOS front and rear panels when we're ready to have some of those made.
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby glenn93 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:56 pm

I have some nos wings that do not have the extra bits on them like the head light surround or the rear strengthener or the little bit that meets the slap panel .
I would lend these but would need to feel happy with the company doing the job before I would lend them .
I also have inner wings
glenn93
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby rizzo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:49 pm

i will give these chaps a ring this Friday and see what can be learnt, i had been meaning to for a while tbh but lost the web address, if it seems a good option to pursue ill make arrangements to visit with my rear arch panels as i'm not too far from them. :D
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Kraken » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:55 pm

Good idea.

I have a full set of pattern inner wing repair panel.
Pair of front wings that may be useful for replicating rear arches.
2 pattern sills (both the same side) so I'm not sure how much use they will be...
and I also have 1 NOS headlamp panel (think it's offside).
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:17 pm

Star Car Panels still produce HA and HB sills so don't go reinventing the wheel :roll: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Star-Car-Panels-Ltd if you quote your VVOC no you will get a discount :P
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby rizzo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:30 pm

I bought a pair of sills off star panels for the HB and sent them straight back after offering them up, they are a poor fit i wouldn't recommend to anyone unless they have reshaped them yet.
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion