forum missing threads

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

forum missing threads

Postby Bobby Dale » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:32 pm

What happened to the three cars for sale threads from the forum site
Bobby
Bobby Dale
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: forum missing threads

Postby kriswalsh » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Admin have removed them for non paying members with not a word of polite warning.
kriswalsh
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Bobby Dale » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Why ? the idea of joining the forum club was to spot a potential Hb going for sale so i can then join in the restoration and ownership of a affordable Viva i have been on the forum for years adding cars spotted for sale myself so why has this suddenly become a closed shop to full members only and if i cannot find a viva how will i become a Viva owner and then a full member myself i have even been to shows and photo'd members cars for the forum
This stinks
Bobby
Bobby Dale
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby lord13 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 am

why does it stink? Other clubs do this, you can't even get much further than the title page on the cav and chevette owners club site, and £25 is not much to pay....it roughly works out at 50p a week. It also helps prevent less than savoury persons snapping up a bargain and flogging it on ebay at an inflated price, which in turn helps keep the vivas where they should be, in the hands of enthusiasts, enthusiasts who don't mind spending 50p a week to be part of a club.
I'm sure the decision to restrict some pages to 'members only' was not taken lightly, and i'm sure it was not taken without much discussion and speculation as to the ramifications of said decision. Admin have their reasons, and I am fully confident that those reasons were for the good of the club, they are, after all, in charge of the club, and do a sterling job, this is a good club, it is worth 50p a week of my money, and I suspect that every other fully paid up member feels the same way.
You also say how can you find a viva now? You've found loads previously and posted them up on the site by your own admission, so... erm ....keep looking?
If you love your vivas, join the club, it is, as small rodents are wont to say, 'simples' ;)
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Colin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:54 am

I think Lord13 has covered it Bobby. My understanding is that the decision was taken reluctantly and with the greatest regret due to abuse against member sellers by some unsavoury non-member individuals. Hence the difficult decision had to be made to protect club members.

The VVOC is still the friendliest of owners' clubs. I would urge any genuine non-members to sign up for membership and properly join our group of friends.
:welcome:
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Bobby Dale » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:06 pm

I was given the impression that be be a full member of THE VIVA OWNERS CLUB you had to own a Viva ? and have been waiting to take out said membership as and when i get my own car . "the title kind of says it all ".
Bobby.
Bobby Dale
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Colin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:33 pm

Yes, I can see how that could be misleading, Bobby, but I don't think you have to actually 'own' a car to become a member of the 'owners club'. Fred will know for certain.

If indeed 'ownership' of a car is a prerequisite for membership then I would respectfully suggest the committee might want to consider withdrawing that rule? - in light of the change to forum sales section members only access.
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:01 pm

No such rule exists, nor does any attitude toward "needing to own a car" exist. :thanx:
pbottomley

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi Bobby as ex membership sec I can assure you that you can become a member without owning a Viva or Viva derivative - I have enrolled a number of members in the past who have been interested in the club and had signed up to get involved in the club activities and to look for a suitable Viva to enhance their experience.
Currently I am acting Spares Coordinator until such time as a member feels the need to increase their involvement in the Club activities. Should this sort of involvement interest you I have no doubt your would be very welcome to join and get involved whilst you look for your ideal Classic Viva.
Membership Form attached for your consideration
Attachments
InquiryLetter.doc
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Application Form.doc
(34.5 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby 1972nail » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:09 pm

As said before, the decision wasn't taken lightly. Parts of that section had to be move immediately as they were being abused by non-members in a way that could not be tolerated. The move was to not just to safeguard members but the also wider Viva community as a whole, that's all that can be said.

Unfortunately due to technical problems, that need time to resolve, the whole section had to be moved with immediate effect. As and when they are resolved the less contraversial sections should re-appear in the non-members area. So, please be patient and trust that the Club is not out to get at non-members as a whole, just those who insist in mis-using the Forum.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to General Discussion