New London T-charge

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

New London T-charge

Postby kriswalsh » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:30 pm

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/emissions-surcharge

I just noticed the new London T-charge comes in soon, £10 charge for driving old cars through london, I do travel through London sometimes so thought I'd check. I typed in the reg of the viva and it says there is no charge for the viva, yet I type in my old Vauxhall nova that has a cat fitted and there is a charge. I thought this charge would cover all old cars.
kriswalsh
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: New London T-charge

Postby kriswalsh » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Don't worry folks after some searching I found the answer, classics escape this charge. Good to know. I was wondering if all the classics would have to pay doing the London to Brighton run. I'm guessing some of the 1980's minis will.
kriswalsh
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:38 pm

Further down that page:

Other exemptions include:
•Vehicles with a historic tax class (40 years and older) and/or commercial vehicles manufactured before 1973. These vehicles continue to be subject to the Congestion Charge

Novas won't be old enough yet to be on historic taxation class.

ETA - cross-post.

But they don't make it easy to find. I ran my HPF through their checker and was pleased to read that, according to them, it meets the Euro IV emissions standard. When in reality it's not that, it's just because it's historic.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby 1972nail » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Does this mean that the prices of Vivas in London will rise... just like property...:lol:
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to General Discussion