East Kent trim chrome runners for Firenza

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

East Kent trim chrome runners for Firenza

Postby Icedmunkie » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Has anybody fitted the chrome runners that go on the roof on a Firneza from East Kent Trim? I've been trying but the last curve on the back won't stay?

Also I fitted the boot seal and it doesn't fit, East Kent won't get back in touch either anybody else had this problem?
Chris
All Smoke...... No Poke
Icedmunkie
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: East Kent trim chrome runners for Firenza

Postby droopsnoot » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:41 pm

Are you emailing East Kent? I had a chat with them at the NEC and mentioned that I'd sent them eight or nine emails that hadn't been answered, basically in case I was alerting them to a problem with their email. The chap I spoke to said he'd got hundreds or thousands of emails in his in-box that he hadn't had chance to answer yet. So the answer is - phone them.

Obviously, if you are phoning them, ignore the above.

It annoys me beyond reason when companies do this. I get that they're busy, I understand, but it'd take a couple of minutes to update the web site to say "phone us, we're too busy to reply to emails", and to add an auto-responder so that when someone emails them, it says "thanks for your email, we've got a backlog, if it's urgent phone us". They're not the only supplier I've tried to contact and not had a response, and normally I'd blacklist them just because of that. But when they have products you need, you can't. I did do that with the people who refurbished my seat belts in the Firenza - didn't reply to several emails, so I used someone else.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby OUL 735 L » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:12 pm

Hello and good evening all.

interested in seat belt refurbishment, what do they do i.e. clean the belt and rechrome.

mine are static.

Regards Ian
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby 1972nail » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:32 pm

I note that east Kent don't list the chrome trim for the Firenza, only the Viva. It is a plastic 'chrome' clip on cover which probably would have difficulty going around the tight curve of the last bend on the Firenza and stay put.

I would suggest moulding it with a cloth soaked in boiling water to try to induce a curve into it and then attaching it with a hot glue gun. Probably starting at the back and moulding as you go would be better than trying to get it to fit last.

When you say that the boot seal doesn't fit what exactly d you mean? I was looking at a friend's Firenza at the NEC and was quite pleased with the East Kent boot seal he had fitted. It was a bit tight in that the boot needed a good slam, but certainly better than the BMW 3 series rubbers I fitted to my Firenza.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby jackrs2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:30 pm

We had one of east kents rear screen seals for Rachaels GLS the original one was well worn but didnt leak but was letting the look of the car down, the new seal would not fit with the stainless inserts leaked and just felt to tight when fitted. When contacted east kent replaced the seal with a new one and took our original seal to 'have a look' and said to keep in contact, we phoned , emailed and got no reply eventually catching up with them at Billing to be told we have asked experts and they all say the seal is good your car must have been involved in a serious accident!! and because we didnt hear from you we have thrown your seal away!! i asked what experts as we are in the owners club to be ignored and eventually be told we have not had any other complaints and to go away if your not buying anything. Since then i have spoken to one chap that had a front screen seal that in his words fitted that well after a few attempts went in the bin and he managed to get one from the club another paid alot of money for a carpet set that was that bad it would have been easy to buy a roll of carpet and do it himself. Im not saying everthing they do is poor fitting and finish as i have not tried there whole viva catalogue but they take your money and have no interest in after sales service . :x
jackrs2
Club Chairman

Postby hbr341 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi
Not the same issues as you but i had trouble with eastkent trim i ordered a front screen rubber for my HB GT they sent a HC then told me they are the same i know the HC is a lot bigger after a lot of messing around got a HB one i got a windscreen comp to fit it and after it was fitted i noticed it was faulty took picks had a nightmare sorting it all out with them did get a refund in the end but i wouldnt use them again.

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:19 pm

OUL 735 L wrote:interested in seat belt refurbishment, what do they do i.e. clean the belt and rechrome.

It depends. Mine were inertia reel, so they needed new retractors (the reel part) because the Vauxhall ones can't be re-used. The webbing was new, and they offered to plate the fittings as required.
Last edited by droopsnoot on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Icedmunkie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:28 pm

1972nail wrote:I note that east Kent don't list the chrome trim for the Firenza, only the Viva. It is a plastic 'chrome' clip on cover which probably would have difficulty going around the tight curve of the last bend on the Firenza and stay put.

I would suggest moulding it with a cloth soaked in boiling water to try to induce a curve into it and then attaching it with a hot glue gun. Probably starting at the back and moulding as you go would be better than trying to get it to fit last.

When you say that the boot seal doesn't fit what exactly d you mean? I was looking at a friend's Firenza at the NEC and was quite pleased with the East Kent boot seal he had fitted. It was a bit tight in that the boot needed a good slam, but certainly better than the BMW 3 series rubbers I fitted to my Firenza.

Hi,
It is the plastic clip on one, I shall try what you suggested!

It is too short and doesnt meet in the middle by a good few inches

Chris.l7u
All Smoke...... No Poke
Icedmunkie
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to General Discussion