Firenza Rear quarter window seals

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Firenza Rear quarter window seals

Postby Icedmunkie » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:04 pm

Ideally we need one seal that can be cut and sent away to see if something can be done. It appears though that nobody has one spare. I likewise cannot cut mine just in case nothing can be done.

Useful to know the profile is out there just how we get them made is the issue once we have a donated seal
All Smoke...... No Poke
Icedmunkie
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: Firenza Rear quarter window seals

Postby 1972nail » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:11 am

WOW ..hold on a second...... the profile may be there..... Just because someone has a lot of profiles available does not mean that he has the Firenza rear quarter light profiles. Don't forget that there are also 3 moulded corners per side to be considered too. A recent quote for the mould for 1 corner of an estate rear screen was £4K!

It's usually moulded the corners that degrade first in my experience. i have repaired the moulded corners of the rear screen rubber on my brother's Sports Hatch with a polyurethane rubber adhesive and then shaped when set it with 100 grit paper.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Previous

Return to General Discussion