Netley Marsh Steam & Craft Fair last weekend

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Netley Marsh Steam & Craft Fair last weekend

Postby VampireTigger » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:13 pm

I was there Saturday with my Land-Rover club and wound up talking to the classic cars section head. I commented on the lack of Vivas and he said that he'd been trying to get one there for a while. So, I showed him a pic of mine. After arranging a friend to drive my 90 the following day I went back on the Sunday with the 90 and the Viva.

That pic is from the arena parade. There were about 100 classics on display and only two Vauxhalls including mine. I have been invited back for next year :D
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Netley Marsh Steam & Craft Fair last weekend

Postby Bob perry » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:11 pm

What part of Surrey are you in Tigger? I'm in Farnborough, only just over the border!
Maybe we could team up next year and double the number of Viva's at the show?
p.m. me the details when you get them.
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby kriswalsh » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:55 pm

Looks like a good show, maybe make it a 3 only in reading.
kriswalsh
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Netley Marsh is near junction 2 of the M27, my car hides on the Hampshire Dorset boarder most of the time. It's probably about 50 miles from Reading. You can do just a single day if you want or there is camping available.
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:54 pm

Any of you guys fancy being the South East Events Rep and maybe you could get a club sand together for some of your local shows - Club will provide support with signage and Gazebo :P
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby VampireTigger » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:10 pm

I’d settle for an extra large club t-shirt......

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=https://files.fm/down.php?i%3Dmsh6mznm%26n%3DEvent+Application+Form_+Burley+(1).docx%26gpv%3D1

There’s the Burley show at the end of September. I’m looking at going to that one. Burley is a few miles east of Ringwood in the New Forest.

There’s another in Brockenhurst in the New Forest I’m going to see if it’s not too late to get into :) It’s mid August

Company would always be appreciated, we have to show people that there was something other than Ford and British Leyland in the 70s! :D
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:02 am

Company would always be appreciated, we have to show people that there was something other than Ford and British Leyland in the 70s! :D

Here in the Ulster area we had a similar problem, the only car at a show. So, we have come together with the other Vauxhall/Opel Club Reps and formed the Ulster Vauxhall Opel Classic Community. It's not a club but we arrange group outings to various events, road runs etc and when we go to a show we arrive together and show as a group. That way we ensure that there is a good strong GM field. The only stipulation is that anybody wishing to show with the group must be a paid up member of their own Owner's Club. At one show recently we had over 40 cars in attendance.

People are reluctant to go to shows when they think they are going to be the only one there that they know or their's is only car of it's type. If you don't have a strong Viva Owner's Club membership in your area consider teaming up with other Vauxhall/Opel clubs to build a presence at shows.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:58 am

I take it that's a no then Adrian - You have the right name for starting a section :P think on about what David said about starting a gathering - there is more to be had from your Viva than just taking it to a show on your own - if someone feels like getting involved we can get you some contacts with Vivas in the area. Being an events rep is a bit like investigating a wasps nest - they wont come out unless you poke the nest with a stick :goodideasign:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby VampireTigger » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:08 am

Fred Dukes wrote:I take it that's a no then Adrian - You have the right name for starting a section :P think on about what David said about starting a gathering - there is more to be had from your Viva than just taking it to a show on your own - if someone feels like getting involved we can get you some contacts with Vivas in the area. Being an events rep is a bit like investigating a wasps nest - they wont come out unless you poke the nest with a stick :goodideasign:

I could probably do it but am happy to let someone who has been in the club longer take the role if they wish.

Signage is always a good thing, as is somewhere to hide from the sun in this weather! When the t-shirts and/or polos are re-stocked I want to get one in extra large to wear when displaying the car to show there are other Viva owners out there. It's suprising how many people say they used to have a Viva or learned to drive in a Viva or their parents had a Viva, the feedback when I've displayed the car so far has been pretty positive (except for the woman who thought it was a nice Cortina :shock: )

Here's my other club's stand at Netley.

Mine is the blue 90, I currently have six Land-Rovers in my collection!
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to General Discussion