VBOA back at Billing for 2019???

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

VBOA back at Billing for 2019???

Postby vauxhallbitz » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:38 pm

According to the VBOA site the rally is back at Billing next year.
1958 CA Bedford Dormobile (Porthole)
1960 Vauxhall Cresta PA
1975 Vauxhall Viva E Coupe
vauxhallbitz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: VBOA back at Billing for 2019???

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:23 pm

That is what has been decided at the VBOA meeting today according to our rep
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Bob perry » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:36 pm

Excellent news!! MH was a huge site, but soulless in my opinion, and there are a few more hotel possibilities near Billing,
Can't wait.
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:33 pm

Hotel booked...... :D
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby vauxhallbitz » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Same here, did it as soon as I saw the Facebook post.
1958 CA Bedford Dormobile (Porthole)
1960 Vauxhall Cresta PA
1975 Vauxhall Viva E Coupe
vauxhallbitz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby edgoose1 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:37 am

Nice one :)
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby dann01 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:59 am

Such short memories some have. Shame.
Not sure I'll be going.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby lord13 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:08 am

There's been yet another management change, so I don't know why everyone is saying stuff about 'short memories' and other such things.....not having a go at the above post...it's just Indicative of what I've seen on other websites.
It wasn't the showground itself that threw off car clubs, it was the management, which has now changed, we should all welcome going back to a place that actually has decent facilities, and is a pleasant place for all the family.
Market Harborough was a 'rough shod' backwater hick town of a show, it was an embarrassment to attend such an appalling event, going to Vauxfest at billing in september was a breath of fresh air and I and my family loved it. Even if there was only 30 or so cars in attendance.
Either way, it is the VBOA show, and anyone who is actually an enthusiast should attend, and anyone who is actually part of the committee or holds a position of importance within this club should have a duty to attend....dontcha think :D
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby 1972nail » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:59 pm

I personally liked MH in an overall sense. Due to family and other commitments the VBOA National show is the only opportunity I get to venture off our beautiful Green Isle to that horrid place they call 'the mainland' :wink: and I found MH as a town a very nice place to visit on the both occasions I've been there.

I did spend quite a bit of time off the Show Grounds both years and found the whole overall experience quite pleasant, but if I was going to the show only and not visiting the facilities in the town I think I would agree that my experience would not have been as good as it had been at Billing on previous years.

We've all heard and discussed at length the arguments for going back to Billing, not going back to Billing, staying at MH, moving from MH, finding a third and 'better than both' venue.....etc, etc.... but it's the National and no matter where it's held it should be supported.

Whether the management has changed or not, as a club we are still part of the VBOA and it's all their decision to hold the show in the best venue they see fit. I intend to go and support the Club at the VBOA National, not Billing management or the VBOA's decision to hold it there.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby dann01 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:43 pm

Thanks so very, VERY much for reminding us that officers should have a "duty" to attend.

Appreciated. :D
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Next

Return to General Discussion