End of an ownership era

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

End of an ownership era

Postby Stu » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:47 pm

Hello all,

Firstly, if this is against site rules or otherwise frowned upon then I will of course respond with respect and remove this post if asked to!

The time has come to sell on my beloved Firenza to someone who can devote the time, care and money to keep it well and treasure it for years to come, and I am posting here in the general discussion section as I am stumped as to what the car would be worth and would appreciate any advice or guidance from you experts!

It's a 1971 1159cc OHV Firena, that has the original engine and gearbox and has covered 61,000 miles. I have had it since 2006 and have made some modifications to it over the years; small steering wheel, twin stainless exhaust system, custom paint, more modern stereo, pumped screen washer, 12V Auxiliary socket, performance air filter.
It would be fairly easy to return to stock if wanted, or modified further if desired.

Here is a link to some photos of the car, taken at the end of October 2019 (the car has only been turned over and kept in good order since then.)
Photos

Runs well and mechanically sound, although doesn't currently have a valid MOT. The gearbox has noisy bearings but I have all the parts and technical service manual for a complete rebuild for someone who has the expertise.
Bodywork is good, with only the A pillars needing some attention as rust has set in here. Paintwork has a few deep scratches (that have been there due to vandalism soon after the respray :roll: )
Interior is ok; headlining could do with being replaced and driver's seat has a split in it and wear to the top.

If further information is needed, I will be happy to help!
Thanks in advance.
Stu
1971 1159cc Vauxhall Firenza
Stu
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: End of an ownership era

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:30 am

PM sent
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman