Ebay

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Ebay

Postby 68 dave » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:29 pm

Who is this idiot on ebay, pages and pages of fake ads it's getting annoying now. Spoiling my enjoyment looking at classic car ads.
68 dave
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Ebay

Postby cooperman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:44 pm

I know, he does about 8 pages at a time, it puts you off looking
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby 1972nail » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:15 pm

Been reported lots of times. Pops up again and again with a different user name each time by hacking a real user's ID and flooding their account.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Colin » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:27 pm

I wasted quite a lot of time reporting these ads to ebay each time - at least the Vauxhall ones - but the fraudulent ads would at least then quickly disappear.

But the 'report item' function on the ads no longer works because ebay seem to have changed their settings to disallow reports of fraudulent ads if the ad doesn't have a 'valid item number'.

So it seems that having been inundated with reports of fraudulent ads, ebay have responded by disallowing reporting. What a brilliant response by ebay. :roll:
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Mike Attew » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:58 am

Same on the ringing kit I reported several times for a Viva but it's still on there. Ebay is all about their profits, fraud or not.
Mike
Mike Attew
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:09 am

At least the ringing kit hadn't sold. Some poor beings are actually bidding on these items. A few years ago a friend of a neighbour bought a very reasonably priced camper van from one of these eBay fraudsters and lost £12k even after he had claimed all he could from various sources.

It's not just high priced items that's being sold either, have a look at the other items and sort by lowest price first.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Colin » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:20 am

Recognising the ads as scams, some people are falsely up-bidding the items to try to prevent people falling for the fraudster's scam of asking victims to send money up front - to 'buy' something the fraudster doesn't own.

The reasoning goes that if the bidding has reached £50,000 and the email response from the fraudster asks for £3,500 to be sent now to 'buy' this immaculate HS Chevette, then even the most gullible of victims might think again.
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to General Discussion