Accuspark

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Accuspark

Postby hbr341 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:58 pm

Hi
I would like to tell other members about my recent experience with Accuspark I ordered my kit over the phone that was a mistake I ordered the kit for OHV with the red coil got it fitted it all properly but the car would not start tried to contact them on the phone but no joy so sent an email eventually got a reply did all the checks coil was fine but still no start after a few more emails I sent the kit back 2 weeks later they sent me a message saying send it back for testing I said you should have it a few more weeks pasted and then I had a message to say they were sending out a new kit as the one they sent was faulty I said I don't want another and need a refund . Then they phoned me and said the coil had a large dent in it I know it was all perfect when I sent it back after a long heated discussion he did agree to a refund but I would have to pay the postage.He did say they get 100s of returns to deal with makes me wonder how reliable are they I spoke to a mate who is a Triumph club and he said he had the same problem with them saying things were damaged I know other club members have no problems with them but it was a real nightmare for me.

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Accuspark

Postby cooperman » Mon May 04, 2020 9:39 pm

That's a real shame that is Chris, a lot of time, effort and grief to be no further forward. Good of you to post your experience so others can be aware.
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby thomas » Tue May 05, 2020 9:38 pm

It might be just the lockdown, I wouldn't want anyone to risk their lives or risk infecting countless others, so better safe than sorry, can't expect usual standards of service anywhere, I've been climbing the walls waiting for a central-heating radiator-valve ordered over a month ago, it has come now and is the wrong one --aargh!
:angrywife:

I used the Powerspark kit for the Bosch dizzy, if you're looking for an alternative.

https://simonbbc.com/k9-powerspark-elec ... istributor

Plus I've a broken arm and wrist, in plaster six weeks then another six weeks after that to break and reset the wrist to straighten hand, plus legs black and blue, from soles of feet to hips, from head-on bike crash (totalled) last week, with council lorry - right of way violation, "sorry, mate I didn't see you!", last week. Even at just 20mph, lucky to be (just) alive.

:rant2:
thomas
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby vauxhallbitz » Wed May 06, 2020 12:34 am

I have fitted Accuspark to my Viva and Bedford CA and had no problems with them, but like anything you will get good and bad experiences.

I would say that it made no difference to the Viva running but a huge difference to the starting and running of the Bedford.
1958 CA Bedford Dormobile (Porthole)
1960 Vauxhall Cresta PA
1975 Vauxhall Viva E Coupe
vauxhallbitz
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Mjones » Wed May 06, 2020 1:47 pm

I have had Accuspark kits and coils fitted to both of my HC's for the past 8 years or so with no problems. They usually start on the key unless there's a prolonged period of inactivity. That said, I always carry a spare dizzy with points in my spares box, along with clutch cable, fan belt etc.... :D
1972 HC Estate The White Knight
1974 HC S74 Arthur Dent
Mjones
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbr341 » Wed May 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi Thomas
Yes I no the problems at the moment so time was not really the problem more the way they said I sent it back damaged all water under the bridge now. Thanks for your info but I think I will stay with the old way of points etc its running really well now.

Regards
Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bobby » Thu May 07, 2020 10:39 pm

Hi, Have fitted several kits to various vehicles with no problems in fact i encourage customers to up grade to them giving better starting and smother running.Think you must have just been unlucky. Regards Bob
bobby
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Wed May 20, 2020 9:42 pm

I have their kit fitted on two one my slant 4, they were very helpful with advice over the phone too. Hopefully your case was the result of the lockdown and *Bleep* couriers like MyHermes
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to General Discussion