Indicator stalk

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Indicator stalk

Postby 68 dave » Mon May 04, 2020 9:49 pm

Hi has anyone got a indicator stalk for my 1975 viva ,have changed the relay and bulbs but still not working,horn,headlamp flash all work. Thanks dave
68 dave
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Indicator stalk

Postby droopsnoot » Tue May 05, 2020 9:24 am

Is it the single stalk or the twin one?

If you're careful you can strip them and clean them out. Some of mine had various parts that didn't work and I managed to sort them all out. You just need to take the lid off really slowly because there are springs inside, and we all know where springs hide when they escape.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby 1972nail » Tue May 05, 2020 1:54 pm

It could be the connections at the back of the fuse box. They corrode and do strange things and the individual wires can work loose. It might be worth a look and clean up and secure as necessary.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21726

I now use Viakal bathroom cleaner to remove corrosion from the connections in wiring plugs. It sprays in easily and can be blown out a few seconds later. It also dried off quite quickly.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby 68 dave » Tue May 05, 2020 4:57 pm

thanks guys fuse box was clean when I but it back in, will try and clean the switch terminals .dave
68 dave
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby 1972nail » Tue May 05, 2020 7:10 pm

68 dave wrote:thanks guys fuse box was clean when I but it back in, will try and clean the switch terminals .dave

Make sure all the wires are pushed firmly home on the bottom too. They can push out as you fit the big block connectors.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to General Discussion