Viva HB Front and rear screen rubbers

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Viva HB Front and rear screen rubbers

Postby 1972nail » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:00 am

Here's another supplier for Torano rubber parts. May be cheaper than Rare Spares

http://bettaautorubbers.co.nz/index.php ... 147&page=1
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby rizzo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:13 pm

Thanks for that David, although i think ive spent enough.

Rare spare reviews 2. front screen rubber.
Generally the rubber feels good and goes onto the screen without any issue not super tight just right, it went into the car very easily doing it by myself with the string method, fitting the screen/rubber for lube i used a small cap full of good car wash/wax mixed with water in a spray dispenser, having spoke to a screen fitter he recommended this or glass cleaner, the idea being not to soak it just use sparingly or as required its drys out quicker when finished.
With the screen in its apparent the top corners are not filled out enough, this is an easy fix with a slice of rubber between the screen and rubber on both corners, the chrome trim fits ok aswel, bit of a faff getting it in though, also because its wrapped tight the first/last length may need straightening more, the cover trim is a poor fit, so used the original one however you have to squeeze it together to get the right profile, as the chrome trim is different from Viva trim.
Its in and it looks good however both the lower corners are only just covering so i will see how it settles but will probably do the same here as the top. overall i,m happy with it about as good as it gets i think.
Last edited by rizzo on Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby rizzo » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:27 pm

Rare spares rear screen rubber 3
Pretty much as James has posted overall its a good fit although i had to pack the top corners of mine for a better fit.
I didnt get any rear finishers with my trim so had to use the original, this was a right faff and when i finally got one in the rubber holding it wouldn't sit right, so ive taken it out, had i known i would have mitered the trim on the lower corners, i will sort that one way or another when i get time.
If i had to be super critical on the screen rubbers i would say they could be a little bit tighter, it might just be the trim not spreading the seal enough, what did you think James?
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jamezz666 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:01 am

Sorry i haven't gotten back to this thread, as i've been battling a very hard game with the GT which i'll be making a thread about shortly.

To keep this short Rarespares are the rubbers to go for. The chrome insert wasn't supplied and i struggled to find them on there site, so i used the insert that came from the dreaded company classic car seals.. which did fit with a little bit of fiddling.

The rubbers from Rarespares do fit the screens nicely, but you will notice in the rear upper corners, that they're not filled out enough and i ended up with roughly a 1 to 2mm gap, but do not let that put you off as that can easily be resolved with some packing of some sort!
I recently acquired some new old stock front and rear screen rubbers and after contacting a couple manufacturers, they wasn't interested by the sounds of it to reproduce them.

If anyone ever finds a UK alternative which is as good fit as the Rarespares Australia, please keep this thread posted.

James
jamezz666
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Orrp01 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:30 am

Quick question, are there any import duties to pay from rare spares in Aussie land ?
Philip Orr
Viva GT
Orrp01
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby rizzo » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:19 pm

Yes absolutely including high postage costs, if you know anyone in Aus get them to buy what you want and send it over to you.
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby edgoose1 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:35 am

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173469146632 i fitted these to back and front of the HA, so should also fit HB and HC. Does need to be joined. best done in the sun so the rubber becomes soft. Takes a bit of time but in the end got a perfect fit
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Previous

Return to General Discussion