Warning!!

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Warning!!

Postby HC Fairley » Thu May 28, 2020 4:21 pm

Hopefully the title provokes a bit of attention.

I had the misfortune of my spare windscreen exploding on Tuesday night. It has been put down to the warm weather and possibly a previous hit with a stone etc causing stress on a certain point on the screen.
Also I had the screen laid flat on a piece of cardboard, I thought I was doing the right thing as it is on the 3rd shelf up on a rack so probably 12 to 15ft high, so it can't fall over if it is lying flat right?
I have since been told that the glass should have been kept propped up on its edge with something soft underneath it. This will alleviate stress and should prevent it going off like a shotgun inside your shed.

Lesson learned.
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Warning!!

Postby droopsnoot » Thu May 28, 2020 6:37 pm

A useful point. I have my spare glass standing up on end, usually with the rubber around it, but I must admit that's not because I "knew" it would be better, it's just because it takes up less space and it's a bit easier to keep other things away from it.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Re: Warning!!

Postby HC Fairley » Fri May 29, 2020 9:53 am

A photo of what I was met with. It must have went off with force as there were shards of glass lying on the ground 8 to 10 feet away from the rack
Attachments
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to General Discussion