First drive

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

First drive

Postby Acton-hc » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:44 pm

After buying my car back in April and having it collected by my family it’s been in Yorkshire since then, today was my first proper drive and it was so good Yorkshire to Torbay and it didn’t miss a beat, all the way I had the biggest smile on my face.
Got back to the glorious roads of Torbay and the tail pipe fell of so that needs adding to my list.

Things that need doing is
Dashboard
Carpet
Weather strips
Interior light
Door handle surround
A good detail and polish
Exhaust
Gearbox sycro 2nd is a bit crunchy
Carb is over fueling and leaking out the top (28/36 Downdraft)
Indicator on the right (think it’s a bulb)
Horn
Wipers
Full service
Belts
Central locking and alarm

And just some general TLC

If anyone can help out or point me in a direction for part will be much appreciated

Josh
Vauxhall Viva 1800 Deluxe
LMT299K
Acton-hc
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: First drive

Postby cooperman » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:02 am

Hi Josh, glad you are enjoying your car. If you are a paid up member our spares department will sort you out some bits, East kent trim for weather seals, interior light David Maxwell on here
Marcus
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: First drive

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:23 am

Hi Josh welcome to the Forum as Marcus says being a paid up members gets you access to the Club Parts Scheme - just under new management with David Heading - there are rear exhaust sections for the 1800 available.
Attached joining forms and letter.
There are members local to you - Chris Swallow - hbr341 on here - he runs a couple of HBs
Pictures of the car would be good!
Fred
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to General Discussion