Insurance

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Insurance

Postby 68 dave » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:52 pm

I had a quote from r h insurance for my two viva s £136.82. Does anyone know who does agreed value certificate. Thanks dave
68 dave
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Insurance

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:30 am

I don't know how the premium compares, but I'm using Heritage Insurance, and they don't require a valuation certificate for either of mine.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Bob perry » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:18 pm

I use Footman James for my HA. ( Discounts for Official Club Members)
They are very good and just accept your own valuation. They give you a choice of agreed mileage allowance and work out the price. Usual caveats of where its stored etc, but with a 1500 mile limit the HA works out at £86 for the year.
Pretty fair I reckon.
My main car road rescue/recovery membership with AA also covers ANY vehicle. Not cheap but those with lower costs don't always include it. Worth checking.
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:24 pm

PM sent.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:21 pm

I am with R H that sound a bit high - I have my 3.5L Firenza with them for £98 - what value are you putting on your car - or is it your post code that is pushing it up - are you having 3000 limited miles?
Our Treasurer does valuation certificates if you send him details of the car - condition - what you think its worth - photos etc. - free to members £25 to non members.
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Colin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:38 am

£136 for two Vivas is quite cheap Fred - only £68 per car per year.

I'm with RH too. They're very good. They don't charge an 'admin fee' for any changes, they do a classic multi-car policy for idiots like me who can't resist (yet another) rare car :roll: and for the latest two cars in my little collection they didn't ask for club valuation certificates to agree the cars' values.
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:48 am

Ah need to read the post properly :oops: - yes for 2 Vivas that sound about what i would expect from R H and the beauty of it is they don't charge for making changes unlike most of the others. :P
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to General Discussion