1972 Viva 1256 exhaust

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

1972 Viva 1256 exhaust

Postby John Boyne » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me where I can get a complete exhaust system for my 1972 Viva HC in Central Scotland.
Metal or stainless steel.

Thanks for any help with this.
John
John Boyne
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: 1972 Viva 1256 exhaust

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:52 am

Not in Scotland but somewhere where they have patterns for making a system is https://www.pdgough.com/ in Nottingham - talk to Sam :wink: - Courier cost in region of £30
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby thomas » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:09 am

John, I had a full custom stainless system made for my HB, by Qwiklube in Edinburgh, ( https://www.qwiklube.co.uk/about-us.html ) they were then in Abbeyhill and in Musselburgh, I understand the Abbeyhill branch has moved to Bonnington Road, Edinburgh they're also still in Musselburgh. I had to leave the car with them a week, the work looked excellent, the fit too and it still looks and sounds good after miles of wet and winter use. Best to phone Musselburgh ( 0131 665 0137 ), where Colin that I dealt is now I think based. They've an online contact form, but I've not heard back from them after using it recently with a query on an unrelated, non-Viva exhaust matter.
thomas
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:08 am

thomas wrote:They've an online contact form, but I've not heard back from them after using it recently with a query on an unrelated, non-Viva exhaust matter.

A frustratingly large number of businesses have contact forms on their web site which don't get responded to, some of them quite big names. There's a theory that when they commission the web site, the designer tells them they need to have one, but no-one ever decides who should receive the messages.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby steff » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:05 pm

Great there’s another central belt HC I am in North Lanarkshire.

Think our Scotland rep, vauxhallbitz on here had a Stainless one made local if you drop him a PM

Steff
steff
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby John Boyne » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:38 pm

Fred Dukes wrote:Not in Scotland but somewhere where they have patterns for making a system is https://www.pdgough.com/ in Nottingham - talk to Sam :wink: - Courier cost in region of £30

Thanks Fred........John
John Boyne
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby John Boyne » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:41 pm

thomas wrote:John, I had a full custom stainless system made for my HB, by Qwiklube in Edinburgh, ( https://www.qwiklube.co.uk/about-us.html ) they were then in Abbeyhill and in Musselburgh, I understand the Abbeyhill branch has moved to Bonnington Road, Edinburgh they're also still in Musselburgh. I had to leave the car with them a week, the work looked excellent, the fit too and it still looks and sounds good after miles of wet and winter use. Best to phone Musselburgh ( 0131 665 0137 ), where Colin that I dealt is now I think based. They've an online contact form, but I've not heard back from them after using it recently with a query on an unrelated, non-Viva exhaust matter.

Thanks Thomas..............John
John Boyne
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby John Boyne » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:43 pm

steff wrote:Great there’s another central belt HC I am in North Lanarkshire.

Think our Scotland rep, vauxhallbitz on here had a Stainless one made local if you drop him a PM

Steff

Thanks Steff. Good to hear from you.......John
John Boyne
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to General Discussion