HA Van Jack

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

HA Van Jack

Postby Keith W » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:49 pm

Hi, my recent purchase of a HA van came with a jack (picture attached). I went to run vehicle up this weekend to get it warm in it's storage garage only to find a flat tyre (front). I attempted to use the jack supplied jacking up from the front but the jack is too tall to fit under the wishbone/spring assembly even on the fully inflated tyre side. Luckily I have a low profile trolley jack and used that. I was thinking what would have happened if I was out on the road with a flat tyre. Have I been given the wrong jack? Your thoughts please.
Keith W
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: HA Van Jack

Postby viva les vegas » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:51 pm

I’ve never had an HA, so I’m only guessing. The HB and HC’s that I’ve had all had scissor jacks, so I would say this is more than likely the wrong one.
Remember, some days you're the statue, and others, you're the pigeon ;)
Life is a journey, not a destination.

used to be HB259
viva les vegas
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Bob perry » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:11 pm

There probably was an 'official' supplied jack from new, but I never had one with my HA.
I purchased a relatively cheap' low profile' trolley jack from Halfords, about £20 if I recall, some years ago, and keep it permanently in the boot. Its good enough for the emergency stuff, punctures etc, and low enough to go under the centre axle housing as well, before axle stands are placed, when at home.
I also have a bigger, higher lift one for the bigger jobs in the garage, or outside.
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Keith W » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:37 pm

Thanks for the replies. It's annoying that somewhere along the history of my van someone has switched the jack to one that is useless. Good job I wasn't out on the road. I do have a trolley jack but I'll invest in a scissors jack to go in the space designed for it.
Keith W
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to General Discussion