Some unexpected history on my GT

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Some unexpected history on my GT

Postby jpsmit » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:09 pm

Last week I was filing some old papers from the Vauxhall when I came across the 'used car package' for the SL body of the Vauxhall (remembering the PO had to rebody the car). In Ontario this is a document you get when you buy the car that lists previous owners/ mileages/ accidents etc so you (hopefully) don't get ripped off. I googled the last owner, only to find that there were about half a dozen of the family name in the community listed. I called one who called back and I connected ultimately with the daughter of the PO. Turns out he bought it for his son who had Cystic Fibrosis. The son didn't get his drivers license (he died when he was 20) but drove the car around the farm instead. The father (PO) is this man, I don't remember the story but it made headlines worldwide. Quite an unexpected ending.

https://people.com/human-interest/elder ... zing-cold/
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Return to General Discussion