Registration

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Registration

Postby Orrp01 » Mon May 24, 2021 7:43 pm

Swansea won’t issue me with a v5 until I have the car restored and inspected at an mot centre here in N.I. They also sent me a form V55/5 to fill in and return. One of the segments they’ve marked for me to complete is the “ max permissible mass” which should be taken from the certificate of conformity. Anyone know what this might be or where I might find it. Any help appreciated ty
Philip Orr
Viva GT
Orrp01
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Registration

Postby 1972nail » Mon May 24, 2021 9:29 pm

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-weights-expl ... (%20MAM%20)%20means,GVW%20)%20or%20permissible%20maximum%20weight.

Gross Vehicle Weight by the looks of it.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Orrp01 » Mon May 24, 2021 10:41 pm

Yes, but I can’t find any reference as to what it might be for a viva gt, any technical data I’ve found doesn’t mention it, I think Swansea are just trying to make things more awkward than they need to.
Philip Orr
Viva GT
Orrp01
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Orrp01 » Mon May 24, 2021 10:42 pm

Maybe if someone has a gt handbook it would be in it
Philip Orr
Viva GT
Orrp01
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Tue May 25, 2021 7:33 am

The COC is to do with type approval, which came in around 1987. Vivas don’t have them as the cars predate this.

The worst one I had was when I had an application to first register a Lotus 3-Eleven thrown out because it was not listed as the VAT having been paid on the HM Revenue & Customs NOVA system. This is deigned to ensure HMRC gets its slice of VAT on personal imports, when I talked to HMRC they almost fell over laughing as they had the sense to realise the car was not an import. I even included a copy of the invoice from Lotus Cars for the purchase of the car stating all the required VAT elements and it was still rejected by some script follower who went no NOVA = reject despite the car being a brand new Norfolk built car being supplied to a Lotus main dealer……..

Eventually we managed to talk to someone at DVLA, these were the days before Covid and the strikes, who had some common sense and we sent the application for a third time to them personally and it got sorted.

There are way too many “Computer says no” at DVLA
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Tue May 25, 2021 7:42 am

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ehicle.pdf

May be worth you asking if anyone had a car of the same type as your’s who is prepared to scan and send you a copy of the main data page of their V5C. Without any of the codes from the front cover or the transfer of ownership page it can’t be used for anything but info. You should then be able to copy what you need from there
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby HC Fairley » Tue May 25, 2021 8:49 am

Orrp01 wrote:Swansea won’t issue me with a v5 until I have the car restored and inspected at an mot centre here in N.I. They also sent me a form V55/5 to fill in and return. One of the segments they’ve marked for me to complete is the “ max permissible mass” which should be taken from the certificate of conformity. Anyone know what this might be or where I might find it. Any help appreciated ty

Do you have the original green log book by any chance?
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Orrp01 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:18 am

Yes I have the original log book, I sent it to them when I initially applied for a new v5. They have a copy of it now but they still want all these other fences jumped before they’re prepared to issue one
Philip Orr
Viva GT
Orrp01
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby HC Fairley » Tue May 25, 2021 9:37 am

That's odd, when I did it a few years ago they only required the original V5 as evidence.

I hope you get it sorted soon!
HC Fairley
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 am

I checked on Vauxpedia. The only GVW I could find for an HB was for the estate range. Sorry I forgot to take a note :roll: .

Anyway, you could probably quote that.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Next

Return to General Discussion